How to easy register on Ebay and Paypal and start shopping!
You know that for 40 weeks on Fridays I have been sharing with you content that is related to Ebay- on most cases those are my weekly Ebay bargains! But for a while now a lot of you have requested a tutorial on how to actually register on Ebay, connect it with Paypal etc (as some steps are a bit tricky)! Therefore, this week I tried to put together a tutorial on how to register both on Ebay and Paypal, link these accounts together and start safely shopping! If you already know how to do that and you already have an account on Ebay you can might as well skip this post and have a lovely Friday! :)
How to create an account on Ebay
1. First you open a Ebay homepage
2. Then in the upper left corner you'll see "Sign in or register". Click on the word "register" (see the picture below)
3. Enter information about yourself. Even though it might be scary to enter your personal information as in name address etc, there is absolutely no need to worry when it comes to Ebay. They have one of the best SSL protections in the whole industry, therefore, your information will be securely stored within their system. Remember to fill out all the necessary information and when you are done click "submit"
Now you have an active Ebay account! Congratulations!
4. Now lets set up a Paypal account. First go to Paypal's homepage. Then click on the "Sign up" to create your account ( the first page might vary on how it looks, it depends on the country you are living in. The Sign Up button might as well be in the left corner etc.)
5. Then you'll be redirected to a new page where you will have to fill in your information (similar to what you already did on Ebay) Fill in your information and then click the "Agree and Create Account" button.
6. At this time your account has been created, but you should inform how your purchases will be paid. I recommend to use Credit Card. Then fill in your credit card data and click the "Continue" button
Congratulations, now you're already in your secure management environment of your account!
7. There are only two final actions necessary for you to use PayPal: validation of your e-mail and credit card. First click on the "Confirm email address" link to confirm your e-mail.
8. Then you should follow the instructions to confirm the email, which basically is to go to your e-mail, click the "Enable" button on it and type in your password.
9. After confirming your email, you can now use your PayPal account, but with low limits of values for transactions. To increase these limits, you should now confirm the number of credit card. So, click on the link "Link and confirm my credit card"
10. Paypal will charge $1.95 USD from your credit card. After two to four days, you should be able to see the PayPal charge on your online card statement. Alternatively you can wait for your next paper statement. You will find the four-digit PayPal code, next to or near the USD1.95 charge on your statement. In the item description, the code will be printed next to the word 'PAYPAL'.
11. Please Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.com, Click 'Confirm my debit or credit card' in the ‘To Do List’ box, Enter your PayPal code, Click 'Submit'. Your credit card will be verified successfully. Paypal will refund USD1.95 to your account within 3 days
And now the last part linking your Ebay and Paypal accounts!
12. Click on to "My eBay" located at upper right hand side corner of your screen. ( just make sure you are logged in into your eBay account)
13. Choose Account tab
13. Select "Link my PayPal account" & then later enter your PayPal address and your PayPal password and your done.
And you are finally done!! :)
I hope you enjoyed reading this tutorial and found it at least tiny bit useful!
Have a great Friday and the following weekend. Meanwhile you can still check out my Ebay bargains from the past weeks!